This topic is closed.
X
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• CT Final check Connecticut

I quit my job with a 2 1/2 week notice about 3 weeks ago. i worked those 2 1/2 weeks and i left on a thurs the 24th of aug. my next sched check would be sept 8. I havent recieved my final check yet but its only the 2nd. Is it true they have till the 8th to issue my final check.

also can they hold it. i do owe them training money that i have to payback but i didnt think they could hold your check because of it.

thanks

In CT, your final paycheck is due on the day it would normally be due for the pay period that includes your last day worked.

Generally speaking, your paycheck cannot be held. However, what type of agreement did you sign regarding repayment of the training costs?
    I don't respond to Private Messages unless the moderator specifically refers you to me for that purpose. Thank you.

Comment

CT Final Paycheck

I signed an agreement stating basically i owed a certain dollar amount that decreases by a certain number each month, if i was to quit then the amt would have to be paid back..

isnt it really garnishing your wages by holding your check with out a court order?

Comment

Not literally. A "garnishment" is an order issued by a court when a judgment has been entered against you for failure to pay a debt. Did you agree to have the balance deducted from your final pay? Why do you think they plan on holding your check? I already advised you that your check can't be held. What I'm trying to find out, though, is did you agree to payroll deductions?
        I don't respond to Private Messages unless the moderator specifically refers you to me for that purpose. Thank you.

Comment

Are you concerned the amount owed for the training class will be greater than wages on your final pay check?
          If this is the problem, it's possible that you could receive a zero net check. Also you could be held responsible for any remaining balance. Most likely the employer will either write off the balance or take you to civil court to recoup monies.

The above assumes that the agreement you signed is enforceable.

Comment

Working...
          X