This topic is closed.
X
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Can anyone offer advice in Connecticut???? Connecticut

I am in retail management in Connecticut. I have been thru several regional and district managers. I have been working with my company for several years. I have always met goals and expectations and received several pay increases and a promotion. I have worked with and met the CEO of my company several times, and he knows me by name. Recently, I have 2 new supervisors and I feel as if they are trying to replace me. I do my job diligently everyday, and I am both scared and angry by this new chain of events with senior management. My superiors are not pleasant, and just they way they talk down to you. I do not act like that with my staff. I then start to think that it could be my salary, and how they could always get someone in for less. These last few weeks I've felt paranoid and nervous for my job. I spoke with my other peers and family and they are confident that everything is going to be alright. So, I guess I am asking is can an employer in CT just harass you and talk to you in a derrogatory manner? Can they just fire you for no apparent reason?

The short answer is yes.

While it is not pleasant, it is not illegal to be a jerk. This, of course, changes if they are speaking to you or about you in a way that violates your rights as a protected person (race, religion, etc).

CT is an "at will" state... this means that they can fire you without reason or warning unless you have another contract or union affiliation.

Sorry.
    Not everything that makes you mad, sad or uncomfortable is legally actionable.

I am not now nor ever was an attorney.

Any statements I make are based purely upon my personal experiences and research which may or may not be accurate in a court of law.

Comment

Working...
    X