Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

California Salary Exempt EMP - international travel and compensation? California

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• California Salary Exempt EMP - international travel and compensation? California

My work requires that I occasionally travel to customer sites (national and international). Usually, travel occurs on weekends so that I can arrive at customer site Monday morning. I'll normally work 10+ hours a day before retiring to hotel room.

I'd like to know if the travel time - sometimes extending over 30 hours (i.e. LAX to India with layover) - should be compensated.

I am in IT and am considered a Professional Employee meaning I'm OT exempt, among other things.

Should I be receiving any compensation for all this travel time??

Thanks,
    Harikiran

Not if you are exempt...that's pretty much what exempt means... no OT for extra hours required
    Last edited by hr for me; 01-19-2017, 06:06 AM.

Comment

If you are legitimately classed as exempt, then no, travel time/overtime/etc. are not applicable.

Comment

Agreed. And even if you were non-exempt, DOL will not treat 30 consecutive travel hours as "worked". They have specific regulations on that.

https://www.dol.gov/whd/regs/compliance/whdfs22.pdf
        "Reality is that which, when you stop believing in it, doesn't go away".
        Philip K. **** (1928-1982)

Comment

Well it depends... If you want compensation, you will have to demand it because company shareholders or business owners always want to gather as much profit as they can while spending the least possible way they can.
          Last edited by skrillac; 01-31-2017, 02:09 AM.
          mp3 download , rapbible.me

Comment

Keep a watch on above responder - foreign (Netherlands) IP address - could be seed spam.
            Too often we underestimate the power of a touch, a smile, a kind word, a listening ear, an honest compliment, or the smallest act of caring, all of which have the potential to turn a life around. Leo Buscaglia

Live in peace with animals. Animals bring love to our hearts and warmth to our souls.

Comment

Working...
            X