No announcement yet.

Bonus paid out without me since my last day is approaching - Urgent California

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Bonus paid out without me since my last day is approaching - Urgent California

Tomorrow will be my last day with the current company.
    Yesterday they paid out the bonus but without notifying me and I got nothing.
    I had a good performance review. The only reason I can think of it's that I am leaving.
    It is a start-up company. I couldn't even find a bonus plan document.

Maybe you guys can help me here? Thanks!

There generally is some type of bonus plan agreement. Sometimes it is required that you work/stay until year end to receive the bonus. Did you ask why you didn't receive the bonus?
    Too often we underestimate the power of a touch, a smile, a kind word, a listening ear, an honest compliment, or the smallest act of caring, all of which have the potential to turn a life around. Leo Buscaglia

Live in peace with animals. Animals bring love to our hearts and warmth to our souls.

Comment

It's a start up company - I couldn't even find a bonus plan documentation.

Bonus was paid out on Wed. And my last day is Friday.

Comment

Originally posted by Betty3 View Post
        There generally is some type of bonus plan agreement. Sometimes it is required that you work/stay until year end to receive the bonus. Did you ask why you didn't receive the bonus?
        Yes. I did send out email to the management including CEO (it's a small company).
        but no response so far.

Comment

It is not at all unusual for bonuses to be withheld from employees who have termed/given their notice.
          The above answer, whatever it is, assumes that no legally binding and enforceable contract or CBA says otherwise. If it does, then the terms of the contract or CBA apply.

Comment

There doesn't need to be a written plan and there is never a requirement to pay any kind of bonus to anyone, or to pay them to everyone.

Comment

Working...
            X