back pay from USPS California

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• back pay from USPS California

I work for the Postal Service. I was sent home on April 7th for allegedly throwing mail away. I was placed on administrative leave and told I would be paid while an investigation was conducted. After a few days I received a letter at my home telling me I would not be paid. My shop steward assured me it would be straightened out in the end. A few days later I received another letter telling me I would be paid from the date of the letter. There were 9 unpaid work days. I was returned to work on May 19 with no discipline and no loss of pay. Only a seven day paper suspension. Basically probation. The back pay was entered into the computer on May 18, but has not made it to me after 2 pay periods. What recourse do I have to force payment and could there be any penalties to the USPS?

Das ist in der Doktor!

Originally posted by Palovan View Post
    I work for the Postal Service. I was sent home on April 7th for allegedly throwing mail away. I was placed on administrative leave and told I would be paid while an investigation was conducted. After a few days I received a letter at my home telling me I would not be paid. My shop steward assured me it would be straightened out in the end. A few days later I received another letter telling me I would be paid from the date of the letter. There were 9 unpaid work days. I was returned to work on May 19 with no discipline and no loss of pay. Only a seven day paper suspension. Basically probation. The back pay was entered into the computer on May 18, but has not made it to me after 2 pay periods. What recourse do I have to force payment and could there be any penalties to the USPS?
    I believe at this point this is a Union matter and should be handled as such.
    If you haven't already done so, get with your shop steward file a grievance and go from there.
    Good Luck.

.._____________
    ~ VOTE ALL INCUMBENTS OUT IN 2012,
    WE NEED TO MAKE ROOM FOR A NEW BATCH OF CROOKS !!

Comment

Agree with the Dr. Under the law, you do not have to be paid since you did not work those days. If your union contract says that you have to be paid for the time, then your recourse is through the union.
      The above answer, whatever it is, assumes that no legally binding and enforceable contract or CBA says otherwise. If it does, then the terms of the contract or CBA apply.

Comment

Working...
      X