Salaried/Overtime Question California

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Salaried/Overtime Question California

Any help and advice would be greatly appreciated. I am currently working as a truck driver shuttling trailers from one warehouse to another about 20 miles apart. I was hired on as a salaried utility driver, being paid X amount with no set hours to be worked a week. I was then transferred to the shuttling position where I now working 5 days a week 10 hours a day for the same X amount. I do not get paid if the company is closed for holidays or other reasons for closure. They are demanding that if necessary I work over the 10 hours or even come in on my days off for the same amount of pay. I have been arguing that I am entitled to OT over my 10 hours but they keep demanding the work and not paying. I have been doing some research and if I am not mistaken I am not a true salaried employee and therefore am entitled to OT after 8 hrs worked. Can I please get clarification on this issue. It would be greatly appreciated. Thank you
    Last edited by smartdriver; 02-23-2012, 10:21 PM.

File a complaint with the CA DLSE for unpaid OT. In CA, any time worked over 8 hrs in a day, or 40 hrs in a week, should be paid as OT.

Comment

http://www.dir.ca.gov/dlse/HowToFileWageCLaim.htm
      Too often we underestimate the power of a touch, a smile, a kind word, a listening ear, an honest compliment, or the smallest act of caring, all of which have the potential to turn a life around. Leo Buscaglia

Live in peace with animals. Animals bring love to our hearts and warmth to our souls.

Comment

Working...
      X