This topic is closed.
X
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Employee Restroom Law California

I work for a car dealership and we have a 2 story facility. I run a call center on the 2nd floor of the dealership. There is a womens restroom upstairs, that up until this past week has been unlocked for employee use. The ladies in the business office have decided that they are the only people allowed to use it and have locked it from the ladies I have upstairs. There is a womens restroom downstairs, but it is a huge hassle and take up a lot of time to run downstairs. I also have ladies that due to medicines they are taking have to urinate frequently and going downstairs multiple time a day is a huge hassle. Is there some kind of violation that this upstairs restroom is locked?

Das ist in der Doktor!

cargirl~ Is there some kind of violation that this upstairs restroom is locked?
    Nope.
    Assuming there is no door exiting the building by way of the ladies upstairs restroom, the law is not too concerned whether the restroom upstairs is kept locked,
    just as long as there is one downstairs.
    Have you spoke with the general manager about this?
    He / she might not even know that there is a problem.

..____________________
    ~ VOTE ALL INCUMBENTS OUT IN 2012,
    WE NEED TO MAKE ROOM FOR A NEW BATCH OF CROOKS !!

Comment

Is there some kind of violation that this upstairs restroom is locked?

No. As long as your employees have access to a restroom, no laws are being violated. I do suggest you speak to the "big boss" (the GM?) about these other ladies taking it upon themselves to lock out other female employees from this restroom. Chances are he or she isn't going to be happy about it. Among other reasons, that means your staff are missing more work time by making the much longer trip to use the facilities. Be sure you mention that when you speak to the boss.

Comment

Working...
      X