This topic is closed.
X
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• 14-day resignation notice California

My understanding is that a 14-day advance notice to leave a company is a good business practice and a sigh of a good will. I want to part on good terms. However, the employer is behaving badly. Can I just leave and forget the 14-day good will notice. If he does not appreciate it there must be another way. What is the minimum advance notice time in California by law? I could not care less about this employer.

There is none. Just know that, when asked for a reference, this employer can truthfully say "she walked out with no notice".
    I don't respond to Private Messages unless the moderator specifically refers you to me for that purpose. Thank you.

Comment

How much notice would they give you if THEY wanted to end the relationship? If the employer is behaving badly, they probably wouldn't give you a good reference anyway.
      I am not an attorney, and don't play one on TV. Any information given is a description only and should be verified by your attorney.

Comment

Even if you give notice, they can tell you to leave now (right after you give notice).
        Too often we underestimate the power of a touch, a smile, a kind word, a listening ear, an honest compliment, or the smallest act of caring, all of which have the potential to turn a life around. Leo Buscaglia

Live in peace with animals. Animals bring love to our hearts and warmth to our souls.

Comment

Working...
        X