X
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Manager working off the clock, California

Hello!

Today before leaving work, a manager told me that she was working off the clock for the past 30 minutes because if she's clocked on, she'll be getting paid overtime and then will get yelled at. When she told another manager this, they acted like it's no big deal (as in it happens very frequently). Should I do anything about this? What can I do? I don't like seeing anybody working off the clock out of fear.

Thanks!

Are you saying this manager is a non-exempt manager?
    Too often we underestimate the power of a touch, a smile, a kind word, a listening ear, an honest compliment, or the smallest act of caring, all of which have the potential to turn a life around. Leo Buscaglia

Live in peace with animals. Animals bring love to our hearts and warmth to our souls.

Comment

You would be best advised to stay out of your manager's relationship with his/her boss.
      Please post questions on the forum rather than sending me a private message or email. That way others who have similar issues have access to the discussion.

Comment

x10 to Scott's remark! If your manager is in some way incapable of taking care of herself, then whoever does take care of her should bring this up...in other words, worry about your job, not hers.
        Not everything in America is actionable in a court of law. Please remember that attorneys are in business for profit, and they get paid regardless of whether or not you win or lose.

I offer my knowledge and experience at no charge, I admit that I am NOT infallible, I am wrong sometimes, hopefully another responder will correct me if that is the case with the answer above, regardless, it is your responsibility to verify any and all information provided.

Comment

Thank you for your replies. I figured that the boss isn't too fond of me so I'll leave them be. I just don't like seeing her work off the clock out of fear.

Thank you, everyone!

Comment

Working...
          X