This topic is closed.
X
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Religious Discrimination at work California

I am a law student doing research on religious discrimination for which I need 4-5 cases from the 9th circuit/ Supreme Court/ DC Circuit/ CA (2005 or later).

I looked through LexisNexis and Findlaw and found that its always the
    employer who prevails in title VII religious discrimination cases. I'm
    interested in cases where the employee prevails.

Can someone help me find such cases?

If someone wants to reply to you fine, but you may not get an answer. We don't do homework.
    Too often we underestimate the power of a touch, a smile, a kind word, a listening ear, an honest compliment, or the smallest act of caring, all of which have the potential to turn a life around. Leo Buscaglia

Live in peace with animals. Animals bring love to our hearts and warmth to our souls.

Comment

If you can't find them, they probably never got that far. Check the Labor Board decisions and whatever other agencies that deal with this.
      I am not an attorney, and don't play one on TV. Any information given is a description only and should be verified by your attorney.

Comment

Originally posted by Betty3 View Post
        If someone wants to reply to you fine, but you may not get an answer. We don't do homework.
        That's why you can't be a good lawyer!
        My thread is not to ask other to do homework. Its to get specific cases so that I can do justice in future.
        FYI, in many religious discrimination cases courts take somewhat biased decisions and for some reason or the other make the plaintiff lose. That's why I have chosen a different and unusual area where cases go the other way.

Comment

Give this to your law clerk to research. Or pay us.
          I don't respond to Private Messages unless the moderator specifically refers you to me for that purpose. Thank you.

Comment

This board is staffed by volunteers to assist individuals with their personal problems.
            Truthfully, this does sound like a homework assignment.
            I find that the harder I work, the more luck I seem to have.
            Thomas Jefferson

Comment

Originally posted by Morgana View Post
              This board is staffed by volunteers to assist individuals with their personal problems.
              Truthfully, this does sound like a homework assignment.
              Or an attorney who doesn't have a law clerk he/she can throw this assignment to.
              I don't respond to Private Messages unless the moderator specifically refers you to me for that purpose. Thank you.

Comment

Just a thought, but some time ago I did a websearch on the broader subject (employment and religion). There are some organizations out there for whom this is their main subject. I have no idea if these folks have court cases that meet your criteria but they at least have some knowledge and interest in the subject. The following websites were good at the time I cited their articles, although what I was looking for was a lot more general then what you are asking about.

http://www.csmonitor.com/2004/0412/p14s01-wmgn.html

http://www.adl.org/religious_freedom..._workplace.asp

http://www.maricopa.edu/legal/ei/religion.htm
                "Reality is that which, when you stop believing in it, doesn't go away".
                Philip K. **** (1928-1982)

Comment

Working...
                X