This topic is closed.
X
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Unemployment

EDD continues to send me checks even though my claim is in an appeal status. The judge approved my claim back in January, then my employer appealed the claim, the judge changed his mind after our second hearing on March 17 based on my employers dishonest words and no evidence. I had mountains of email evidence plus witnesses. Anyway, another check came today. I received noticed from EDD yesterday that the payments they have been sending were waived through a certain date, but again, another check came today. I appealed the judges decision 10 days ago and the state has my appeal. Why do they continue to send checks? I need an employment lawyer! My employer lied under oath and deserves something bad to happen, yet I am the one who is penalized!
    Last edited by PTownKid; 04-17-2009, 05:02 PM.

PT your question is best posted in its own thread!
    http://www.parentnook.com/forum/

Comment

Agree, I'll move it to its own thread.
      Too often we underestimate the power of a touch, a smile, a kind word, a listening ear, an honest compliment, or the smallest act of caring, all of which have the potential to turn a life around. Leo Buscaglia

Live in peace with animals. Animals bring love to our hearts and warmth to our souls.

Comment

No idea. You'll have to contact EDD. Since your case is under appeal, that may be the state's policy. Of course, if you don't file the biweekly claim, you won't get a check.
        Last edited by Pattymd; 04-18-2009, 05:34 AM.
        I don't respond to Private Messages unless the moderator specifically refers you to me for that purpose. Thank you.

Comment

Working...
        X