Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Is there a time limit to file a new UI claim California Colorado Connecticut

Is there a time limit to file a new unemployment insurance claim in California? If so what is the maximum time allowed?
    Last edited by steve09; 03-26-2009, 11:25 AM. Reason: California only not colorodo or connecticut

Probably not. But the claim is effective when you file it, generally speaking, and not retroactive to when you actually became unemployed. Waiting can sometimes be advantageous, sometimes the other way around.

Care to share any of the details?
    I don't respond to Private Messages unless the moderator specifically refers you to me for that purpose. Thank you.

Comment

Is there a time limit to file a new UI claim California

Sure, Ill share the details. I was recently layed off from my job of eight years and have not taken a vacation in three years. I had plans in place to take a vacation to visit family so they can meet my infant daughter and would like to keep those plans. In addition, becoming jobless is a shock to me, and a little time to clear my head and regain a positive outlook would benefit me greatly and certainly improve my chances of securing new employment.
      I am okay if the claim is not retroactive. I am looking for some assurance that I won't lose the right to file. I do intend to find work as soon as I return from my trip. I have never received unemployment benefits before and look at it as a safety net I don't want to lose. Thank you for your reply

Comment

I wouldn't worry about it. A vacation isn't going to hurt you as long as you aren't worried about retroactive benefits.

If you file the initial claim in April, for example, the base lookback period for eligible wages on which your benefits would be based would be the calendar year of 2008.

Good luck. I'm sure your family will love seeing the baby.
        I don't respond to Private Messages unless the moderator specifically refers you to me for that purpose. Thank you.

Comment

PattyMD,
          Thank You for answering my question and easing my concerns. Your kind thoughts regarding my family will not be forgotten. I think you are an Angel!
          Best Regards!

Comment

Working...
          X