This topic is closed.
X
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• California Labor Contract Question

My wife is a nurse and she signed a contract with (deleted) to provide services for a local hospital. The contract clearly states the terms like the wages to be paid and the duration of the contract. It also states that she will receive a minimum of 36 hours per week. The problem we are having is (deleted) contract with the hospital allows for the hospital to call off a contracted nurse up to three times without pay. My wifes contract with (deleted) does not state this. (deleted) is refusing to pay her the contracted 36 hours because they are saying they did not get payed. There is an arbitration agreement so my question is what do i do. The loss in pay is already at $1000 and were only two weeks into the contract. (deleted) is in Georgia and were in California so who has juridiction. Another little tidbit, in the contract it states (deleted) will go after my wife at a rate of 7.50 an hour if she doesn't fulfill the minimum 36 hours. Seems a little unfair. All we want is for them to preform as agreed. Any advice would be helpful.

Thanks
    Last edited by shnapper; 09-06-2008, 08:25 AM.

First of all, please edit your post to remove the name of the employer. It makes no difference to the answer. There was not too long ago a poster who was (legally) fired to complaining about their employer in public here and we wouldn't want that to happen to your wife.

Since we are talking about an employment contract, she should have the contract reviewed by an attorney versed in contract and employment law. We cannot in good conscience comment on a contract we have not read in its entirety.
    I don't respond to Private Messages unless the moderator specifically refers you to me for that purpose. Thank you.

Comment

California labor law attorney

This sounds like a ridiculous agreement in many regards. I think you are well served to have it interpreted by a labor attorney..agreed!
      Walter

www.Californialaborlaw.info
      "California Wage and Hour Class Action Attorneys"

Disclaimer: The above correspondence does not constitute legal advice nor establish an attorney-client relationship. You should seek the advice of independent legal counsel before relying upon, acting upon or not acting upon any information contained in this correspondence.

Comment

Working...
      X