This topic is closed.
X
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Winning award in California, what next? California

I recently won an award against my former company through the DLSE, it has been nearly a month and I have not received any notice of appeal. If they do not appeal who is responsible for collecting the judgement and is this usually time appropriate or do employers ignore the judgement? Basically, what can I expect now?

California overtime attorney

You should inform the DLSE that the employer has not paid and the time to appeal is expired. I believe they will attempt to collect it through an action of the Franchise Tax Board. Alternatively, you can hire a collection agency or attorney and assign the award to them, but you will pay a % and or costs for them to collect.
    Walter

www.Collectovertime.com

Disclaimer: The above correspondence does not constitute legal advice nor establish an attorney-client relationship. You should seek the advice of independent legal counsel before relying upon, acting upon or not acting upon any information contained in this correspondence.

Comment

The answer to your question

The DLSE award is not a court judgment but an order, and as such it is not really subject to judgment collection. The next step is filing a lawsuit in court for unpaid wages.

Thanks,

Arkady Itkin
      California Employment Attorney
      San Francisco / San Jose / Sacramento
      http://www.sanfranciscoemploymentlawfirm.com
      Arkady Itkin
      Attorney at Law
      San Francisco / Sacramento / San Jose
      http://www.arkadylaw.com

Comment

California overtime lawyer

Actually I believe the DLSE will seek an order based on their decision. Contact them to find out.
        Walter

www.Californialaborlaw.info
        "California Wage and Hour Class Action Attorneys"

Disclaimer: The above correspondence does not constitute legal advice nor establish an attorney-client relationship. You should seek the advice of independent legal counsel before relying upon, acting upon or not acting upon any information contained in this correspondence.

Comment

Working...
        X