This topic is closed.
X
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Procedure on suspensions California

My husband was suspended today. Prior to his leaving, he asked for paperwork. His GM typed out a note on letterhead suspending him. An hour later, the GM sent VIA E-MAIL the form that she THOUGHT had been given to him by his supervisor. This is the form he should have gotten when he asked for it. Did the supervisor mess up in not giving the suspension paperwork at the time of suspension?

Maybe. But it doesn't invalidate the suspension or make it illegal.
    The above answer, whatever it is, assumes that no legally binding and enforceable contract or CBA says otherwise. If it does, then the terms of the contract or CBA apply.

Comment

Doesn't matter. No law requires there even be paperwork for a suspension, let alone that an employee receive a copy of it, on paper, at a certain time. It may be company policy to do so, but there isn't any recourse because this wasn't done.

If he is in a union or under a contract that required certain procedures be followed he can mention it, but I'd be shocked if anything came of a simple accident that was corrected within the hour.
      I post with the full knowledge and support of my employer, though the opinions rendered are my own and not necessarily representative of their position. In other words, I'm a free agent.

Comment

just a thought

Depending on why he was suspended ( no fault of his own) he may be eligible to collect unemployment benefits.
        I have been interested in employment rights for some time, however I am not a lawyer. Always consult with an attorney, as they are more knowledgeable.

Comment

Working...
        X