Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

with a medical condition and proof of it, they have no right to not allow you to do whats needed, this im sure of. But over all this is just a stupid move taken by these companies just to juice more work from you, i mean if you gotta go you gotta go.........what is this world coming to.........

Originally posted by joe916 View Post
    How about this. If you get a medical condition which could be attributed (by the doctor) to not being allowed to go when you have to go file a workers comp claim.

Just a thought. I suspect that after a few (maybe one) they would be more reasonable.
    Last edited by cbg; 08-28-2008, 11:10 AM.

Comment

If enough employees are affected, it may provide grounds for a class action given the employer is prohibiting timely meals or breaks as a matter of policy.
      Walter

www.California-Labor-Law-Attorney.com
      "Wage and Hour Class Action Attorneys"

Disclaimer: The above correspondence does not constitute legal advice nor establish an attorney-client relationship. You should seek the advice of independent legal counsel before relying upon, acting upon or not acting upon any information contained in this correspondence.

Comment

The OP by her admission states they are giving breaks as required as well as permitting one additional when needed. It also doesn't sound like there are any medical conditions, just an abundance of fluid intake.
        I post with the full knowledge and support of my employer, though the opinions rendered are my own and not necessarily representative of their position. In other words, I'm a free agent.

Comment

um..ok..that is that
          Walter

www.California-Labor-Law-Attorney.com
          "Wage and Hour Class Action Attorneys"

Disclaimer: The above correspondence does not constitute legal advice nor establish an attorney-client relationship. You should seek the advice of independent legal counsel before relying upon, acting upon or not acting upon any information contained in this correspondence.

Comment

Working...
          X