This topic is closed.
X
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Disability Leave California

How long must I keep a position available for an employee on disability leave?

Is your company & the employee eligible for FMLA?

If not you do not have to hold the position. If yes you have to hold the position for 12 weeks.

Comment

What is the reason for the disability? Maternity? WC? General illness or injury?
      I post with the full knowledge and support of my employer, though the opinions rendered are my own and not necessarily representative of their position. In other words, I'm a free agent.

Comment

disability leave

Non work related disability.

Comment

Assuming non-maternity, 12 weeks.
          I post with the full knowledge and support of my employer, though the opinions rendered are my own and not necessarily representative of their position. In other words, I'm a free agent.

Comment

Just to restate - the employee/employer have to qualify (meet the rules) for FMLA to get job protected leave up to 12 weeks.
            Too often we underestimate the power of a touch, a smile, a kind word, a listening ear, an honest compliment, or the smallest act of caring, all of which have the potential to turn a life around. Leo Buscaglia

Live in peace with animals. Animals bring love to our hearts and warmth to our souls.

Comment

Working...
            X