This topic is closed.
X
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• UI Question California

I will try to make this brief and thanks in advance for the help.

Due to economic hardship, our company had to drop our hours down from 40 to 32. This affected myself (hourly employee) and 2 salary employees. Now there is a VERY strong chance that the hours are going to be cut even further and this time much more substantial. We already know that if we fall below what UIB are we can file a claim and get the difference of our lowered pay and our UI cap. However, we were told by a reliable source that they thought if a company drops your hours and/or salary more than once, that you can quit and still be eligible for UIB.

The financial outcome of this company is looking extremely poor and the drop in pay is inevitable and terminaton of employees is even a possibility. I am just trying to get as much information for myself and co-workers as possible.

Thanks!

I wouldn't count on it. Every state would rather you have SOME income than none at all. Start looking for a job with a more financially stable company NOW.

Even if you called EDD and asked this question, they're almost certainly not going to give you a definite answer. More than likely the answer will be "every case is looked at individually; if a claim is filed, we will review the circumstances and make a decision at that time".
    Last edited by Pattymd; 05-13-2008, 10:04 AM.
    I don't respond to Private Messages unless the moderator specifically refers you to me for that purpose. Thank you.

Comment

Thanks

Thanks for the answer. I figured as much but as I said, it was what i thought to be a reliable source so I just wanted someone elses opinion. None of us here want to do anything that could jeopardize our eligibility to receive UIB. We are all diligently looking for other employment, but our industry and the job market in our area is not so great.

Thanks again!

Comment

Not so great here, either. *sigh*
        I don't respond to Private Messages unless the moderator specifically refers you to me for that purpose. Thank you.

Comment

You are exactly right...when I did call they wanted me to submit a claim and do a phone interview and have that person answer my question. Well I know I'm currently making too much to be eligible even with the initial drop in hours...whats the point lol.

Comment

Originally posted by thedawn_94 View Post
            You are exactly right...when I did call they wanted me to submit a claim and do a phone interview and have that person answer my question. Well I know I'm currently making too much to be eligible even with the initial drop in hours...whats the point lol.

You do not know until you ask, and you now know more then you did before.
            "Reality is that which, when you stop believing in it, doesn't go away".
            Philip K. **** (1928-1982)

Comment

Working...
            X