This topic is closed.
X
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Split Shift California

My employer requires that I attend a regularly scheduled meeting from 9am-9:30am, then work my regularly scheduled shift from 1pm-7pm. I commute an hour to work, so reporting to work for a 30 min meeting seems bogus to me. FYI, I make a little bit above minimum wage. My question is... Am I entitled to split shift pay, or anything else for that matter?

Duplicate post. I recently responded in the other forum in which you posted. FYI, all the responders here read all the forums so in the future, it is not necessary to post your question more than once. Thank you.
    I don't respond to Private Messages unless the moderator specifically refers you to me for that purpose. Thank you.

Comment

california overtime laws

Originally posted by Hittman View Post
      My employer requires that I attend a regularly scheduled meeting from 9am-9:30am, then work my regularly scheduled shift from 1pm-7pm. I commute an hour to work, so reporting to work for a 30 min meeting seems bogus to me. FYI, I make a little bit above minimum wage. My question is... Am I entitled to split shift pay, or anything else for that matter?
      There is some recent case law on this matter that we cited in a trial brief and at trial.
      Walter

www.California-Labor-Law-Attorney.com
      "Wage and Hour Class Action Attorneys"

Disclaimer: The above correspondence does not constitute legal advice nor establish an attorney-client relationship. You should seek the advice of independent legal counsel before relying upon, acting upon or not acting upon any information contained in this correspondence.

Comment

Working...
      X