This topic is closed.
X
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Mileage rate reimbursement California

Just found this site....It's great! Thanks!!

And now my question...

When I use my personal vehicle for Co. business I'm reimbursed at the
    rate of .37 per mile. Is this correct or should it match what IRS is
    allowing now? (.505 per mile)

Thanks for your help...with gas at $3.85 per gallon every little bit helps!

The IRS rate is the rate that the IRS allows for the tax-deductible costs of operating a vehicle. It's the rate that businesses and individuals can claim on their income taxes. There is no legal requirement that employers reimburse employees at this rate. You can deduct the difference between the rate the employer is paying you and the IRS rate on your taxes.
    I am not able to respond to private messages. Thanks!

Comment

CA is legally different from other states in this regard. While there are no certainties in this world, CA-DLSE would likely look positively on a wage claim for the under paid mileage.

------

CA DLSE Enforcement Manual

29.2.4 IRS Mileage Allowance. DLSE has opined that use of the IRS mileage allowance will satisfy the expenses incurred in use of an employee’s car in the absence of evidence to the contrary.

------
      "Reality is that which, when you stop believing in it, doesn't go away".
      Philip K. **** (1928-1982)

Comment

Originally posted by MelGil View Post

Just found this site....It's great! Thanks!!

And now my question...

When I use my personal vehicle for Co. business I'm reimbursed at the
        rate of .37 per mile. Is this correct or should it match what IRS is
        allowing now? (.505 per mile)

Thanks for your help...with gas at $3.85 per gallon every little bit helps!
        how about cell phones, and other expenses? how many employees are affected?
        Walter

www.Californialaborlaw.info
        "California Wage and Hour Class Action Attorneys"

Disclaimer: The above correspondence does not constitute legal advice nor establish an attorney-client relationship. You should seek the advice of independent legal counsel before relying upon, acting upon or not acting upon any information contained in this correspondence.

Comment

Originally posted by CaliforniaLaborLaw View Post
          how about cell phones, and other expenses? how many employees are affected?
          did you answer the question about other expenses? ie. cell phone paid by employer?
          Walter

www.California-Labor-Law-Attorney.com
          "Wage and Hour Class Action Attorneys"

Disclaimer: The above correspondence does not constitute legal advice nor establish an attorney-client relationship. You should seek the advice of independent legal counsel before relying upon, acting upon or not acting upon any information contained in this correspondence.

Comment

Cell phones are paid for by company.

# of employees affected - my best guess would be 300-400 in 5 states.

Comment

how about number of employees just in California since labor code 2802 regulating reimbursing expenses is a California statute.
              Walter

www.Californialaborlaw.info
              "California Wage and Hour Class Action Attorneys"

Comment

Originally posted by CaliforniaLaborLaw View Post
                how about number of employees just in California since labor code 2802 regulating reimbursing expenses is a California statute.
                got it..thanks
                Walter

www.California-Labor-Law-Attorney.com
                "Wage and Hour Class Action Attorneys"

Comment

Working...
                X