This topic is closed.
X
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Laid Off question?? Please help California

I was hired by a company and started work for them on/around November 27th, 2007. Over the course of time I was there the business was so slow that until Jan 1st 2008 I had maybe worked a total of 3 weeks. I received a call from my boss on New Years day letting me know that he felt bad but he just didn't have the business coming in to keep me on. I immediately filed for unemployment and am still looking for work.

On Feb. 25th I came across a posting on a job site advertising the same job I had been laid off from. I have tried to contact my former employer asking why I haven't been contacted regarding this position I was laid off from and have received no reply.

I was told that I can sue him due to the fact that he has a certain amount of time before he can repost the same job.

I have no idea if this is true, or if there is some other remedy out there. Any advice on this would be greatly appreciated.

You were told wrong.
    http://www.parentnook.com/forum/

Comment

Panther is correct. Despite a persistant and widespread belief to the contrary, the law does not require all laid off employees to be called back before a job can be posted, even if it's the next week.

Have you contacted the employer and indicated your interest in returning?
      The above answer, whatever it is, assumes that no legally binding and enforceable contract or CBA says otherwise. If it does, then the terms of the contract or CBA apply.

Comment

Working...
      X