This topic is closed.
X
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Schedule post California

Hey I have question regarding the posting or notification of worker schedules. I work at a restaurant and the schedule starts Wed. and ends Tuesday. I've heard and been told that my employer (we are hourly employees if that helps) needs to post the schedule containing when we work, 48hrs before the next time we work. Every week (they only post one week schedules at a time) they post the schedule on Monday or Tuesday night. The other day they did not even post a schedule. My question is there a requirement of when they need to have a schedule posted? and if so, if I or anyone else does not show up on Weds. or Thursday since the schedule was written hours before we work, can we be fired? If what they are doing is illegal, can I report them to some one and who?
    I would show up
    66.67%
    I would show up and report them
    0.00%
    I would not show up
    0.00%
    I would not show up and file a complaint
    33.33%

The poll is expired.

No, there is no legal requirement mandating when a schedule has to be posted.
    The above answer, whatever it is, assumes that no legally binding and enforceable contract or CBA says otherwise. If it does, then the terms of the contract or CBA apply.

Comment

And you can be fired for not showing if you are scheduled.

It is your responsiblity to call and find out if they need you to work.

Comment

Originally posted by Michaelq_best_Agent4u View Post
        I've heard and been told that my employer (we are hourly employees if that helps) needs to post the schedule containing when we work, 48hrs before the next time we work.
        I know of no such law. It is a good idea to make sure that an employee knows the schedule, but there is no legal requirement for advance notice.

Personally, I don't think the employee should be required to call in to see if they are on the schedule for that day or the next, but if an employer is dumb enough to make out schedules without informing the employees, their business will suffer.
        Senior Professional in Human Resources and Certified Staffing Professional with over 30 years experience. Any advice provided is based upon experience and education, but does not constitute legal advice.

Comment

3 cents

Not unless you have a contract to the contrary. It is something that unionizing could address in negotiations.
          If you don't show up they could consider it job abandonment ( no call no show) which would make it more difficult to get unemployment.
          I have been interested in employment rights for some time, however I am not a lawyer. Always consult with an attorney, as they are more knowledgeable.

Comment

Working...
          X