This topic is closed.
X
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Termination Sick Day Pay and EDD California

My employer will terminate my employment by 02/29/08. I asked for 100% sick day pay and they agreed.

Does these sick day payment would be deducted from EDD pay check?

Please help..

What do you mean by "EDD pay check"? Are you talking about a check issued by your employer or a check issued by EDD? If EDD is issuing the check, may I ask what for? And if EDD is issuing the check, how would this impact your employer?

I get the impression that maybe 90% of your story is missing here, and context would be important. Are you on disability? If not, how do you know that you are going to be sick through the end of the month?
    "Reality is that which, when you stop believing in it, doesn't go away".
    Philip K. **** (1928-1982)

Comment

Termination sick day pay and EDD

Hi,

My employer would terminate my work on 02/28/08. I asked them to pay me the unused accrued sick days and they agreed.

When I apply for EDD insurance, would EDD dedect these sick days payment from my EDD insurance?

Regadrs,

Ben

Comment

What do you mean when you say "EDD insurance"? Is that anything like what everyone else calls Unemployment Insurance?
        "Reality is that which, when you stop believing in it, doesn't go away".
        Philip K. **** (1928-1982)

Comment

You need to report any income you get from your former employer this includes sick leave you may be paid for severence etc. EDD will then begin benefits (not deduct) from time frame in which you have no income. that i smy understanding. Exmaple if you leave your job on 02/28/08 but are paid through 03/28/08 then you do not qualify fo rbenefits until after the later date.
          http://www.parentnook.com/forum/

Comment

Termination Sick Day and EDD California

Thank you all..

I mean unemployment insurance.

I would receive about $1000.00 for the unused accrued sick days on my termination day. I will not go back to work for them anymore, and 02/28/08 would be my last. Should I report this $1000 when I file the unemployment insurance? Under what category?

Would these $1000.00 be deducted from unemployment insurance benefits? I know in-lieu-of-notice pay is deducted from unemployment insurance benefits, and severance pay is not deducted from unemployment insurance benefits and does not affect your eligibility to receive benefits.

Thanks,

Ben

Comment

Working...
            X