This topic is closed.
X
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Rounding Up Payroll California

Can my employer round up (or down) my hours for payroll processing based on the quarter hour? For example, if I come in at 7:38, they round up to 7:45 (in their favor) or if I come in at 7:32, they round down to 7:30 (in my favor)? Also, I should note, that we are not using a time clock, but a timesheet where we write in our hours (although I think that this is cross checked against a report from our parking garage that shows when our car entered the garage).

Please advise - I thought I had to be paid for every minute I worked as a non-exempt employee. Can they really round up/down in increments of 15 minutes?
    Last edited by vdawnlo; 02-19-2008, 03:18 PM. Reason: Clarification

Yes, they can though normally it is done when time clocks are used.

note re rounding practices:

http://www.dol.gov/dol/allcfr/ESA/Ti...9CFR785.48.htm
    Too often we underestimate the power of a touch, a smile, a kind word, a listening ear, an honest compliment, or the smallest act of caring, all of which have the potential to turn a life around. Leo Buscaglia

Live in peace with animals. Animals bring love to our hearts and warmth to our souls.

Comment

And, as a matter of fact, this is absolutely the correct application of the rounding rules under the FLSA. To the nearest quarter-hour (a shorter period is allowed, but the quarter-hour is the longest allowed).
      I don't respond to Private Messages unless the moderator specifically refers you to me for that purpose. Thank you.

Comment

Working...
      X