This topic is closed.
X
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• 7 days in a row California

i was just hired at (a) shoe store on a wednesday.

there they have pay periods bi-weekly and i was hired the day before the thursday pay day

i am scheduled to work wednesday, thursday, friday, saturday, sunday, monday, and tuesday.

is there a law about the pay periods and work weeks.

keep in mind that

wednesday, was the end of the pay period also

and thursday was the start of a new one
    Last edited by cbg; 02-03-2008, 04:54 AM.

You worked one day in one work week and the next six days in another work week. That is legal and you are not entitled to overtime for working seven days in one work week, even though you did work seven days in a row.
    Senior Professional in Human Resources and Certified Staffing Professional with over 30 years experience. Any advice provided is based upon experience and education, but does not constitute legal advice.

Comment

Agreed.

http://www.dir.ca.gov/dlse/FAQ_Overtime.htm
      "Reality is that which, when you stop believing in it, doesn't go away".
      Philip K. **** (1928-1982)

Comment

California overtime laws

ditto, agreed with the others.
        Walter

www.Collectovertime.com

Disclaimer: The above correspondence does not constitute legal advice nor establish an attorney-client relationship. You should seek the advice of independent legal counsel before relying upon, acting upon or not acting upon any information contained in this correspondence.

Comment

Time keeping

Some timekeeping softwares do allow for 7th day consecutive pay to span multiple pay cycles but it definately depends on when your work week starts.

Comment

What software can be configured to do doesn't necessarily mean that it MUST be the required action. 7th consecutive day law applies ONLY within the same workweek. If the company chooses to pay a premium for working 7 days in a row if those 7 days span two workweeks they may, but that isn't required by law.
            I don't respond to Private Messages unless the moderator specifically refers you to me for that purpose. Thank you.

Comment

Yes of course this is true.

Comment

California overtime pay

(G) The provisions of Labor Code 551 and 552 regarding one (1) day's rest in seven (7) shall not be construed to prevent an accumulation of days of rest when the nature of the employment reasonably requires the employee to work seven (7) or more consecutive days; provided, however, that in each calendar month, the employee shall receive the equivalent of one (1) day's rest in seven (7) .

(1) One and one-half (1 ) times the employee's regular rate of pay for all hours worked in excess of eight (8) hours up to and including twelve (12) hours in any workday, and for the first eight (8) hours worked on the seventh (7th) consecutive day of work in a workweek; and
                Walter

www.Collectovertime.com

Disclaimer: The above correspondence does not constitute legal advice nor establish an attorney-client relationship. You should seek the advice of independent legal counsel before relying upon, acting upon or not acting upon any information contained in this correspondence.

Comment

Working...
                X