This topic is closed.
X
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Long hours

This is for AZ labor laws. My husband works for (big box retailer) and is constantly scheduled to work 8 or 9 days in a row.........or yesterday he worked from 9:30am to 11pm. We have recently moved from CA and remember something about not working over 8 hrs a day (or it is time and a half) or working a 40 hrs work week. What is the law for Arizona?
    Thanks, PM
    Last edited by cbg; 10-01-2009, 05:47 AM.

Overtime

In Arizona, a non-exempt employee must receive overtime for all hours worked over 40 in a workweek. An employer can require the employee to work additional hours as long as that person is paid appropriately.
    Lillian Connell

Forum Moderator
    www.laborlawtalk.com

Comment

So an employer can work someone for 12-14 hrs each day then pay them overtime pay for anything over 40 hrs a week................not 8 hrs a day?

Comment

Long Hours

Yes, you are correct.
        Lillian Connell

Forum Moderator
        www.laborlawtalk.com

Comment

97 hours

ok, so if a person is paid twice a month, how do you figure overtime? My mother-in-law just worked 97 hours in a pay period. She didn't receive any overtime. Her paydays are the 5th and the 20th of the month. How can we determine if she was supposed to receive any overtime?

Comment

mamajoe, I answered your question on the thread you started.
            I don't respond to Private Messages unless the moderator specifically refers you to me for that purpose. Thank you.

Comment

not clear on labor laws in AZ

my son works at (gym) , he is a GM on salary and works 12-14 hrs a day with only a 1hr lunch. He has worked without a single day off for nearly 3 months straight. At times he would have to be back at work less than 8 hours after getting off from the previous work day. Is this legal?
              Last edited by cbg; 10-01-2009, 05:48 AM.

Comment

duplicate - bizink, please do not post under another poster's old thread. Thanks.
                Too often we underestimate the power of a touch, a smile, a kind word, a listening ear, an honest compliment, or the smallest act of caring, all of which have the potential to turn a life around. Leo Buscaglia

Live in peace with animals. Animals bring love to our hearts and warmth to our souls.

Comment

sorry, Im new and thought I was posting a new question not replying on someone elses, I didn't realize it til it was already done.

Comment

Ok. Betty3
                    Too often we underestimate the power of a touch, a smile, a kind word, a listening ear, an honest compliment, or the smallest act of caring, all of which have the potential to turn a life around. Leo Buscaglia

Live in peace with animals. Animals bring love to our hearts and warmth to our souls.

Comment

Working...
                    X