This topic is closed.
X
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Fired to save GM own job Arizona Arizona Arizona

well. This is how it happened. About 3-4 months ago my GM goes on vacation. So at that time she has an extra set of keys. I always forget mine at home or in my car so she loans me extra set of keys but at the end of the night I place themub in the safe so nobody reports the he. m missing. So 3-4 months past we end up getting robbed (after closing) and the wayl they get in is with a key. So 2 days pass then finally the detectives come to my house and says that they know who did it. My GM watched the video and says she recognizes the person. She says it looks like one of our old crew members. So since he is dating my neice that makes me a suspect. The way she recognized him was cause the person had on a baseball cap and dreads. So she remember him wearing a hat like that. She can remember that but she can't remember what happened to the extra set of keys. So since the robbery all mgrs thinking was involved there whole attitudes change. Since I was that closing mgr I thinkshould of seen the video. Everyone else saw it but me. LTwo wks pass then they fire me cause the other mgr (who wanted my job) called the GM and told her I left the place a disaster and I don't care anymore. Our GMas her favorites.and he was one of them. I thought when something like this happened ur not suppose to do anything but my GM Gordon vacation.
    Last edited by keepmyheadup; 10-07-2012, 10:30 PM. Reason: during GM first vacation. the extra set of keys get lost

I don't see where you ask a specific question but if you are asking if this is a wrongful termination, I don't see one based on what you posted. They didn't have to show you the video & it's not illegal to "play"/have favorites (as long as you aren't discriminated against due to a reason prohibited by law).

In at will employment you can be terminated at any time for any reason except a reason prohibited by law (examples age, religion, gender...) or unless you have a binding employment contract to the contrary.

You need for look for other employment & file for unemployment ins. The state will determine if you qualify or not.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/At-will

http://employeeissues.com/wrongful_termination.htm
    Too often we underestimate the power of a touch, a smile, a kind word, a listening ear, an honest compliment, or the smallest act of caring, all of which have the potential to turn a life around. Leo Buscaglia

Live in peace with animals. Animals bring love to our hearts and warmth to our souls.

Comment

wrongful termination

Ok so I was accused of being a part of the robbery there was no evidence I was involved but I still get fired. Why only me when the other mgrs either goes to work hammered which the GM smelled her self. The fired another mgr for that same reason. Then you got the other mgr who stold 500 dollars Nd another mgr who is dating a crew member. All those violation are in the handbook but they don't get fired. So wat would you call that? The GM is aware ofall those violation

Comment

Das ist in der Doktor!

Originally posted by keepmyheadup View Post
        Ok so I was accused of being a part of the robbery there was no evidence I was involved but I still get fired. Why only me when the other mgrs either goes to work hammered which the GM smelled her self. The fired another mgr for that same reason. Then you got the other mgr who stold 500 dollars Nd another mgr who is dating a crew member. All those violation are in the handbook but they don't get fired. So wat would you call that? The GM is aware ofall those violation
        That would be called YOU having a VERY, VERY bad day...
        Sorry, handbooks are "guidelines" not laws, so no laws have been broken.
        Your employer is not a court of law. They don't have to let you tell your side of the story. They don't have to consider any evidence you present or even allow you to present it. They do not have to be fair, only legal.
        If you are fired, file for unemployment.
        ..______________________
        ~ If you would avoid suspicion,
        do not lace shoes in melon field.~ Chinese proverb
        Last edited by drruthless; 10-08-2012, 02:17 AM.

Comment

wrongful termination

I think these laws are BS they should change them. I mean if you worked for them for nearly a decade they should have a good excuse. I mean com on u kept all secrets about the food that probably u ate then maybe they should consider a change. U screwed by the system no matter wat you do. Seems like none of us have a case on here

Comment

This thread is difficult to read. OPO must be typing with his thumbs.

Comment

Das ist in der Doktor!

Originally posted by keepmyheadup View Post
              I think these laws are BS they should change them. I mean if you worked for them for nearly a decade they should have a good excuse. I mean com on u kept all secrets about the food that probably u ate then maybe they should consider a change. U screwed by the system no matter wat you do. Seems like none of us have a case on here
              Well, yes, you're right, and many of us here would probably agree with you, but, the laws are what they are and they are ALL that we have.
              SO, now that you have all this time on your hands to be a "rebel WITH a cause", you could become a lobbyist for the rights of the workers everywhere! But first, If I were you, I'd brush up on my spelling and grammar skills.....
              ..__________________
              ~ Anti-intellectualism has been a constant thread winding its way through our political and cultural life, nurtured by the false notion that democracy means that my ignorance is just as good as your knowledge. ~ Isaac Asimov
              Last edited by drruthless; 10-08-2012, 08:30 AM.

Comment

There are no laws which say you must fire someone if they do X. It is a judgement call. Further, I'd be shocked if you knew the whole story on these other managers and their alleged infractions. You might think you know, but it is rare for those kinds of details to be made known to anyone but the involved employee and their direct supervisor.

If they suspected you were involved because you have a connection to the robber, that ia a very good reason not to bring you into the loop. Why your GM knows what your niece's boyfriend looks like, I have no idea.
                I post with the full knowledge and support of my employer, though the opinions rendered are my own and not necessarily representative of their position. In other words, I'm a free agent.

Comment

wrongful termination

Here is a touch up on my spelling and grammar removed . I thought your supposeto give us advice not walk all over u must be the removed the group I know removed

FREE advice sometimes comes with a cost. In this case, I see no misconduct on the behalf of any of the respondents. Please show more courtesy.
                  Last edited by cactus jack; 10-10-2012, 03:17 AM.

Comment

Das ist in der Doktor!

Originally posted by keepmyheadup?? View Post
                    Here is a touch up on my spelling and grammar "SIT ON THIS "_|_(giving you the finger) . I thought your supposeto give us advice not walk all over u must be the a*•*•*• in the group I know where you had ur head

And since you were kind enough to mentioned it, yes, I am the one,
                    thank you.
                    So, rather than allowing this to turn into a pissing contest, I'll just say..
                    please feel free to not come back and,
                    you have a nice day....

.._______________
                    ~ We’re sorry, but the position of God has been filled. There is however a job for an @sshole.
                    I applied for the job but was turned down,
                    .. over qualified.
                    Last edited by drruthless; 10-10-2012, 03:47 AM.

Comment

Cactus Jack deleted parts of OP's last post due to language. OP's question has been answered. I believe I will close this thread so we get no more such posts.
                      Too often we underestimate the power of a touch, a smile, a kind word, a listening ear, an honest compliment, or the smallest act of caring, all of which have the potential to turn a life around. Leo Buscaglia

Live in peace with animals. Animals bring love to our hearts and warmth to our souls.

Comment

Working...
                      X