This topic is closed.
X
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Arizona

I am employed as a software engineer for a non-profit organization in Arizona. A director in charge of all technology departments in the company, 3 levels above me, insists on arbitrary deadlines that are not the result of an analysis of the underlying tasks. She is not even interested in seeing such an analysis. Her arbitrary deadlines are unrealistic and force employees to give up their weekends and evenings, time with their family, time needed for doctor appointments and so on because we feel that if we don’t we may lose our jobs. These deadlines are often not met, and we get berated for it. She also berates top level managers directly below her in front of all employees. Several managers have complained that she loads them with impossible work loads, does not give them a chance to complete their work, and then berates them for not completing it in the time she determines--again, arbitrarily. I recently resigned under duress (my managers who report to her did not want me to leave) because I cannot work under this hostile work environment anymore. I and others have complained to managers above her and to HR, but no action was ever taken on the part of the company. I gave the company 3 weeks’ notice this past Monday. My question is, do I have a legal basis for a case against her and/or the company? Thank you.

Nothing you stated in your post leads me to believe any thing illegal has taken place.

Although the mood may have been hostile, this is NOT what is considered to be a hostile work environment by employment law standards.

As is often stated here, unfair is rarely (if ever) illegal.
    Not everything in America is actionable in a court of law. Please remember that attorneys are in business for profit, and they get paid regardless of whether or not you win or lose.

I offer my knowledge and experience at no charge, I admit that I am NOT infallible, I am wrong sometimes, hopefully another responder will correct me if that is the case with the answer above, regardless, it is your responsibility to verify any and all information provided.

Comment

http://en.wikipedia.org:80/wiki/Host...rk_environment

You can apply for UI benefits when you leave your current job but you may not get benefits since you quit/gave notice. However, it never hurts to apply - the "state" will decide if you get UI benefits or not.
      Too often we underestimate the power of a touch, a smile, a kind word, a listening ear, an honest compliment, or the smallest act of caring, all of which have the potential to turn a life around. Leo Buscaglia

Live in peace with animals. Animals bring love to our hearts and warmth to our souls.

Comment

Working...
      X