This topic is closed.
X
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• long hours,salary Arizona

My son works at (a gym chain). He is a GM on a salary, he works 12-14 a day with only a 1hr lunch break. He has worked 7 days a week for nearly 3 months now without a day off. When he brings up the idea of taking a day off he is discouraged by his boss. He has even had to be back at work less than 8 hours after coming home from the previous work day. Is this legal in AZ? What are his rights?
    Last edited by cbg; 10-01-2009, 05:48 AM.

Yes, it's legal. Whether an employee is non-exempt or exempt (exempt from over time pay), he can be required to work the # of hrs./days his employer requires/needs him to. There are some exceptions for minors & certain occupations such as airline pilot or long haul trucker. Az. is not one of the few states that has a one day off in 7 law.

Sorry. I'm not saying I agree with having to work such a schedule but it's legal.
    Too often we underestimate the power of a touch, a smile, a kind word, a listening ear, an honest compliment, or the smallest act of caring, all of which have the potential to turn a life around. Leo Buscaglia

Live in peace with animals. Animals bring love to our hearts and warmth to our souls.

Comment

Working...
    X