This topic is closed.
X
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Can they do this? Arizona

I took STD and when I was going to return, my employer called and said not to. I was not FMLA protected and they are not currently hiring. Meanwhile, I do not have an income but they haven't yet terminated me. They called and said they are giving me 30 days to post for a position if one comes available. My prblem is, this is preventing me from getting unemployment as I have not really been Treminated...Is this legal? Do I have any way around this? Jobs are very hard to come by in my area. I have applied for many anyways, but I am not so hopeful...

Yes, this is legal. If you did not qualify for FMLA they could have termed you outright. I thought we went through this already.

There is no requirement that you be officially terminated before you can apply for unemployment.
    The above answer, whatever it is, assumes that no legally binding and enforceable contract or CBA says otherwise. If it does, then the terms of the contract or CBA apply.

Comment

Originally posted by cbg View Post
      Yes, this is legal. If you did not qualify for FMLA they could have termed you outright. I thought we went through this already.

There is no requirement that you be officially terminated before you can apply for unemployment.
      Im sorry, I am not trying to be redundent. I guess I didn't understand stand it clearly, sorry. I get it now.

Comment

Working...
      X