This topic is closed.
X
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• laid off after medical emergency Alaska

Can an employer not recall you to work after a dental emergency? My situation was I had a dental emergency working remote were there was no immediate dental services and went to the E.R. and was advised to seek treatment in anchorage. So my employer flew me to town, and said stay home till I was fit to return to work not requiring pain meds. This is not an on the job injury just an abscessed tooth that was required to be removed by an oral surgeon. Now that I have been ready to return to work, they stated they donít need me and my position had been filled by another employee. Is this legal?

How many employees worked at your job location?

How long were you out for this procedure before you were released to return to wokr?

How long have you worked for this employer?

Did you work full-time?
    I don't respond to Private Messages unless the moderator specifically refers you to me for that purpose. Thank you.

Comment

PattyMD

My empolyer has state wide 600 plus employees, the site i was working there are 22 employees

I was released back to work 8 days later from the date i flew home

I have worked for this company since August 2009

Employment status is full time working 84 hours a weeks 7 day.

Comment

Unfortunately, with only 22 employees at your job site, unless there were another 28 at another job site within a 75-mile radius, FMLA (which is the only type of leave which would protect your job) would not be applicable. And even if it were, you would have had to have been employed for at least a year to be eligible for such leave.

So sorry, no, your termination was not illegal.
        I don't respond to Private Messages unless the moderator specifically refers you to me for that purpose. Thank you.

Comment

Working...
        X