This topic is closed.
X
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Accused of stealing in Alaska

I agreed to go to work for firm in Anchorage in a technical sales and marketing position. The owner of the firm and I agreed on a starting wage in writing and the owner clearly explained that after 30 days he would negotiate a contract with me in regards to sales commissions, health and welfare, etc. All of which we had discussed prior to my employ. After 2 months went by and no contract, I accepted a job with another company. When I tried to get my final paycheck, I was informed that I had stolen a company camera and that my paycheck was being withheld in lieu of returning the camera or paying for it.

What kind of recourse do I have for this kind of nonsense. I suspect that the owner has someone in the office that is willing to corroborate the claim or he wouldn't have gone this far. This is an extremely difficult and sensitive issue that could jeapordize my new job with a fortune 100 company. I'm so angry I could spit nails. I've never been accused of stealing in my entire career, much less a camera (and a cheapo Kodak Easy Share at that). I'm not a kleptomaniac and I have plenty of my own cameras.

Isn't this a duplicate post? Sounds familiar.
    I don't respond to Private Messages unless the moderator specifically refers you to me for that purpose. Thank you.

Comment

Very observant. I apologize for posting twice. I hope you'll forgive me.

If you don't respond to private messages, why waste your time typing?
      Last edited by jdginak1; 09-25-2008, 05:35 PM.

Comment

That portion of the post is patty's signature line and not part of her post. Notice the line that seperates her post from her signature
        http://www.parentnook.com/forum/

Comment

Originally posted by jdginak1 View Post
          Very observant. I apologize for posting twice. I hope you'll forgive me.

If you don't respond to private messages, why waste your time typing?
          Excuse you for not understanding how this forum works. My signature line is automatic; I do not have to "waste my time typing". And sending private messages is not the same as posting in the public forums.
          I don't respond to Private Messages unless the moderator specifically refers you to me for that purpose. Thank you.

Comment

Working...
          X