This topic is closed.
X
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Reposted Message from wolf coyote fox

I have reposted your message as a new thread since the original post you attached it to, had to be deleted. It contained actual names and addresses and could have exposed the poster to serious liability.

Here's a potential new twist. I am a cop. I was recently fired from my full-time agency, saying I did not pass probation. The probation is a question in and of itself. I won't get into that here.

At the end of my probation, my Chief (who doesn't like the fact that I complained about unfair holiday scheduling) called a meeting of the Village Board. It was a "closed session." While waiting in the hallway outside the conferency room, I heard the chief accuse me of coming to work with alcohol on my breath. A week later, one of the Board members confirmed to me that I had heard it right. Such an incident never happened (I don't drink), and there obviously can be no documentation since it didn't happen.

Apparently that is "not" the reason they terminated me. However, the Wisconsin statute simply says that the defamatory information "exposes" the other to ..."injury in occupation or employment." Obviously, such a statement by the chief does "expose" me to such injury. Not to mention the mental anguish!

Thoughts???

Thanks.
    The above answer, whatever it is, assumes that no legally binding and enforceable contract or CBA says otherwise. If it does, then the terms of the contract or CBA apply.
Working...
X