This topic is closed.
X
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Last Paycheck

I was wondering if Alabama state law required companies to give terminated employees their last paycheck immediatley upon termination. I know some states do not required this. Please help!!

Alabama

No, it is not required immediately. I couldn't find the period in which it is required. However, I did find the wage claim form: http://www.alalabor.state.al.us/PDFs/WAGE_CLAIM.pdf
    Lillian Connell

Forum Moderator
    www.laborlawtalk.com

Comment

Alabama has no statute which specifices any particular time frame in which the final check must be released.
      The above answer, whatever it is, assumes that no legally binding and enforceable contract or CBA says otherwise. If it does, then the terms of the contract or CBA apply.

Comment

Last Paycheck

I understand that there is not a statute in Alabama that covers this, but does that mean in the abscense of that statute they have to follow the federal statute?

Comment

There is no federal statute mandating when a terminated employee must receive his final check; this is completely up to each state. However, my experience is that most states would consider a claim for unpaid wages if you are not paid on the regularly scheduled pay day for the pay period which includes your last day worked.
          I don't respond to Private Messages unless the moderator specifically refers you to me for that purpose. Thank you.

Comment

Working...
          X