X
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Alabama Unemployment Compensation Labor Law Poster

FRAUD IS A CRIME
    • Making false statements to obtain unemployment compensation.

• Attempting to draw benefits while working.

• Continuing to file a claim after returning to work.

• Being paid “under the table” while collecting unemployment compensation.

• Failure to disclose a material fact to obtain unemployment compensation.

FRAUD IS STEALING!

FRAUD PENALTIES ARE SEVERE
    • Fines up to $500 AND

• 12 months in jail for each false claim

• Each week is a separate claim, therefore a separate offense, and subjectto individual punishment.

The Alabama Department of Industrial Relations is working with the Alabama Attorney General and local District Attorney’s Offices to find and prosecute Unemployment Compensation Fraud.

Report Unemployment Compensation Fraud Call Penalties noted above subject to Section 25-4-145 Code of Alabama (1975)

WORKERS’ COMPENSATION FRAUD
    It could be a ticket to jail! The Alabama Attorney General’s Office and the Alabama Department of Industrial Relations are working together to find and prosecute Workers’ Compensation Fraud. Workers’ Compensation Fraud is STEALING!

WANTED INFORMATION LEADING TO THE DISCOVERY AND OR CONVICTION OF WORKERS’ COMPENSATION FRAUD.
    Making a false statement to obtain workers’ compensation benefits (Ala. Criminal Code, Section 13A-11-124) is a Class C Felony under Alabama law. False statements are punishable by up to $5,000 and up to 10 years in prison. Felony theft statutes may also apply.

FIVE TYPES OF WORKERS’ COMPENSATION FRAUD
    Agent ~ Employer ~ Employee ~ Medical ~ Legal
    WORKERS’ COMPENSATION FRAUD CAN BE:
    * Reporting an off the job as an on the job .
    * Reporting an that never happened.
    * Complaints of injury symptoms that are exaggerated or non-existent.
    * Malingering - to avoid work when injury is healed.
    * Not reporting outside income from other work-related activities while drawing workers’ compensation benefits from another employer.
    * Making false or fraudulent statements for the purpose of obtaining workers’ compensation benefits.
    TO REPORT WORKERS’ COMPENSATION FRAUD CALL
    Last edited by laborlaw; 05-23-2005, 01:34 PM.

I find it disturbing that they put so much effort into punishing employee offenders when employer offenders are just as prevalent if not more so. basically we are getting a ton of concrete laws enforced on employees and a ton of loopholes protecting employers.

Comment

You are entitled to your opinion, but this is not a chat room for discussions. If you have a legal question, please ask it; if not, there are other forums more appropriate than this for such discussions.
      The above answer, whatever it is, assumes that no legally binding and enforceable contract or CBA says otherwise. If it does, then the terms of the contract or CBA apply.

Comment

yes, I guess I should have also asked the question I was alluding to. are there any such laws and poster containing them that display the other side I speak of?

also, as evidenced by my post count, I am a very green member here. I accept responsibility for posting "opinion" in the wrong place. I was not fully aware of the etiquette of these boards & it wont happen again. you could be constructive & point me to a more suitable place here to discuss these views.

Comment

We are all volunteers here and do this in addition to our jobs and our families. I don't mean to sound harsh here, but we're not here to point you to chat rooms. You can google for them just as easily as we can. This just isn't one of them.
          I don't respond to Private Messages unless the moderator specifically refers you to me for that purpose. Thank you.

Comment

There are plenty of laws protecting employees. There just doesn't happen to be one that guarantees employment.

I am not familiar with any specific chat rooms.
            The above answer, whatever it is, assumes that no legally binding and enforceable contract or CBA says otherwise. If it does, then the terms of the contract or CBA apply.

Comment

I understand and appreciate the fact that you guys are willing to volunteer your time for free like you do. you guys are an invaluable asset to many people like myself who cant afford to seek counsel any other way. I guess I misunderstood what cbg was saying about this not being the proper place. I understood that to mean there may be a proper forum on this site. my mistake again. I apologize for taking up board space for this but could not find a PM function...

let me repay you both for the advice you have given me concerning legal matters. my advice comes in the form of life matters. if your volunteer work takes away from your personal or professional life to the point where you have lost the virtues of patience & compassion its time to take a break. there is nothing binding you to volunteer work. take it for what its worth...

Comment

Need help to get my claim heard

I have been trying to get unemployment claims in Alabama for 3 weeks and have been denied all 3 times ,when I call the help line the recording says "were experiencing heavy call volumes please call back" same thing everytime how are you able to get help if you cant get through and get an answer as to why I have been denied claims

Comment

Working...
                X