This topic is closed.
X
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• RN Termination Alabama

I am a RN working Home Health in Alabama. Last Friday our owner accepted an admission of a patient which required the RN to perform a procedure for which the RNs in our office had not been trained to do. All 4 of us refused to perform the procedure. This resulted in the company owner calling and stating we were all fired, but then she changed it to she would give us a month to find another job. Since then one of the RNs who was pregnant has developed complications related to the stress of the situation and placed on medical leave by her DR. I found out today, that the owner of our company instructed HR not to pay her any of her sick/vac time because she had been terminated 6/14/13 effective 7/14/13. We are all wondering what our course of action should be? Should we put in a 2 week notice and hope she will give us our sick/vac time. Most of us have a good many hours? Should we wait the 30 days and possibly be able to get unemployment? We have not been able to get a straight forward answer from her. Any advise from anyone on how we should handle this?
    Last edited by ALRN; 06-18-2013, 05:24 PM.

In your state (and in many others) you have no legal expectation of having your vacation or sick time paid out unless a legally binding and enforceable contract or CBA says you do.

Are you members of a union?

There is something in your post that I find very disturbing but whether you are or are not union will determine how I suggest you proceed.
    The above answer, whatever it is, assumes that no legally binding and enforceable contract or CBA says otherwise. If it does, then the terms of the contract or CBA apply.

Comment

No we are not union.

Comment

We do not have a contract regarding the sick/vac time, but it does state in our policy that if we work out the required notice then we will get it paid out.

Comment

Working...
        X