This topic is closed.
X
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Not getting paid for work performed Alabama

I performed some work for a gentleman. We agreed on the price and he paid part and he is refusing to pay me. I took him to small claims count and won the judgement. He appealed the jugdement. His son is threating to call the alabama board of contractors because I am not a licensed contractor. Me and my wife was the only 2 to perform the work. Is there an Alabama labor code to make him pay me?

In your case, I believe your only recourse is through the court system. What happened when he appealed the judgment - did he win?

I don't know the amount of money involved but you might talk to an attorney.
    Too often we underestimate the power of a touch, a smile, a kind word, a listening ear, an honest compliment, or the smallest act of caring, all of which have the potential to turn a life around. Leo Buscaglia

Live in peace with animals. Animals bring love to our hearts and warmth to our souls.

Comment

We haven't been to court on the appeal . It was set for mid March of 2009 but I put a request in for an earlier date.

Comment

Working...
      X