Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Salary! Employer took a week vacation!!

My employer provides vacation and sick time. This year I did not receive a raise. I asked for extra time off since no raise. They said they would talk about it. Now 3 months later I asked about the extra time and was told that they gave me a week but I have used it already. When I asked how did I use it they said that when I was coming in 1 hour later for a month. I told them that I had to take my son to summer school and it didn't open until 8am. They never said anything to me about making this time back up or that it would be deducted from my vacation time. Now when asking about the extra time I was told I have non. Can they take an hour from each day and add them up to take days away from me????

Frustrated and Mad in ALABAMA

Yes they can. If you were coming in an hour late all summer, I'd be glad you still got paid and the employer tolerated it. They don't have to.
    I post with the full knowledge and support of my employer, though the opinions rendered are my own and not necessarily representative of their position. In other words, I'm a free agent.

Comment

It was only for 20 days. If anything, I could understand them taking back 20 hours of the vacation but not the hole 40 hours.

Comment

If I follow your story correctly, they didn't actually grant you a week of vacation, just said they would discuss it. If they opted to give you the 20 hours you needed to take your kid to school instead they may.
        I post with the full knowledge and support of my employer, though the opinions rendered are my own and not necessarily representative of their position. In other words, I'm a free agent.

Comment

Working...
        X