This topic is closed.
X
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Taxable Labor

I know that Taxable Labor laws can vary state by state, but I have found most states that I've looked at, about 10, to all have pretty much the same laws. My question is this, let's say I'm a jeweler and you bring me a ring to size. If there are no materials used, i.e. extra gold, and the cost is all labor, is it legally taxable? If you respond, please tell me in which state you are talking about or live in. Thanks
    Last edited by Katz009; 05-24-2008, 12:50 AM. Reason: typo

This is not an employment law question. You might want to ask it on a tax-related board. (And if you were interested in any state's responses, why did you post it on an Alabama-specific board?)
    The above answer, whatever it is, assumes that no legally binding and enforceable contract or CBA says otherwise. If it does, then the terms of the contract or CBA apply.

Comment

Google the state Dept. of Revenue for whatever state(s) you're interested in and search for "sales tax".
      I don't respond to Private Messages unless the moderator specifically refers you to me for that purpose. Thank you.

Comment

Working...
      X