This topic is closed.
X
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• no pay for work

My Son is employed by Manpower in Greenville, Alabama.
    He works 5 1/2 days a week and Manpower is very erratic in paying him his
    salary. He is supposed to get his check in the mail on Thursday. For the last 3 1/2 weeks he has had to call them repeatedly and has finally gotten paid
    Tuesday or Wednesday , only after having to ask for his check repeatedly. What can we do to resolve this matter?

undefined

Pay

It is always best for him to talk to his employer first, in a congenial manner. However, if that doesn't work, he may always go to the Alabama Department of Labor.

Unfortunately, Alabama does not have many regulations protecting employees. According to their own website, they will send a letter to the employer, giving him/her 10 days to comply. If it is still unresolved, they will tell you to go to the US Department of Labor or to file a claim in small claims court.

Chances are, the US DOL will also take an initial approach of sending the employer a letter, giving him/her time to comply. Since your son is getting paid, chances are that small claims court may not be able to assist you.

Not good, huh...that is why my suggestion is for your son to go to his employer. In a non-confrontational way, ask how he can assist to ensure that he is paid on a timely basis. His employer may respond well to polite inquiries...and this approach is a more direct way to get what he wants.

Best of luck to you. Let me know if you want more information.
    Lillian Connell

Forum Moderator
    www.laborlawtalk.com

Comment

Originally posted by rnbparker
      My Son is employed by Manpower in Greenville, Alabama.
      He works 5 1/2 days a week and Manpower is very erratic in paying him his
      salary. He is supposed to get his check in the mail on Thursday. For the last 3 1/2 weeks he has had to call them repeatedly and has finally gotten paid
      Tuesday or Wednesday , only after having to ask for his check repeatedly. What can we do to resolve this matter?

undefined
      Hi. What you can do is visit this site:
      http://www.las-elc.org/paydaysbounces.pdf
      and it will give you information on how to report your employer to the Labor Commisioner for late paychecks if you so desire.
      Best wishes!
      Sue
      Sue
      FORUM MODERATOR

www.laborlawtalk.com

Comment

Working...
      X