This topic is closed.
X
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• About indiana labor laws Indiana

I dropped out of school for physical and mental reasons.Not the best and wise thing to do.I went for a program called "The IMPACT program".Which is for job training and employment.As indicated I thought I was going to have to goto some sort of employment classes,but instead I was signed up for GED classes instead.Upon conversation,she asked me if I had a job and I said I didn't.She asked why and I said the principal told me upon the exit interview that I couldn't get a job until I was 18.She said there was plenty of drop-outs who worked at the ages of 16 and 17.I read the Indiana Labor Laws(Posted in 2005)on these forums,and it doesn't state that a minor doesn't have to be a student to be employed,and stated that a minor who has withdrew from school must still have a work permit present.

Has the laws changed since then?

I'm sorry, I'm not sure what you're asking.

Are you asking if a minor can be employed without a work permit.
    Please no private messages about your situation.

Comment

I'm asking if minors who are withdrawn from school can be employed in the state of Indiana.

Comment

The Bureau of Child Labor is updating this website. Please be patient during this process. If you have questions or need information please contact the Bureau of Child Labor at 317-232-2655.

They can answer your question on Monday.

The problem that you're going to have is that minors are limited in the # of hours they can work each day and each week. And, honestly, I wouldn't want to hire a minor who has physical and mental problems and is a high school dropout. What disabilities do you have that an IEP program wasn't set up, that homeschooling wasn't an option, or some other type of individualized learning program?

And, what type of job is a 16 year old dropout qualified to do, that he would get the job over the one who is still in school?

Good luck.

Comment

Originally posted by moburkes View Post
          The Bureau of Child Labor is updating this website. Please be patient during this process. If you have questions or need information please contact the Bureau of Child Labor at 317-232-2655.

They can answer your question on Monday.

The problem that you're going to have is that minors are limited in the # of hours they can work each day and each week. And, honestly, I wouldn't want to hire a minor who has physical and mental problems and is a high school dropout. What disabilities do you have that an IEP program wasn't set up, that homeschooling wasn't an option, or some other type of individualized learning program?

And, what type of job is a 16 year old dropout qualified to do, that he would get the job over the one who is still in school?

Good luck.
          So the site will be up monday,ok.

lol,I don't mean like I'm disabled.I mean I left because for one.I went to the doctor one day and found out I had herpes simplex(that'll kill my chance for employment).They said it's a possible that I caught it from school from someone.And coincidently I knew around 3 people who had them.I shoved them and school out of my life for good.And physically,yea ignore that.Theres nothing that school did to me physically,if you count a student shoving your head into a trophy case and making it bleed

And also,if I can't get employed I'm taking GED classes and getting a GED maybe the same year.So if I can't get employed now then I really don't have a problem.
          Last edited by Synthaz; 09-21-2007, 08:22 PM.

Comment

The site won't be up Monday. The office will be open on Monday.

I don't know what to tell you about the herpes. You usually get it through sex, or direct contact through open sores between you and the person that gave it to you.

In regards to the head in the trophy case, did you call the police, the principal, etc?

I just feel that you're going to have a hard time in life without a high school diploma. Many people have a hard time without a college degree getting decent paying jobs.

Comment

I'm not gonna get too personal with this,but I'm still a virgin.

And for the trophy incident,they interrogated me for what happened.And they told me that I should have fought back,but if I did I would've gotten suspended anyways.The school system here in Fort Wayne is very corrupted.

And yes,I'm getting a GED then I'm going to [attempt]to goto college for Audio Production.

Thanks for your replies,so to sum it up will I [at least] be able to employed.And I mean that as will I have a fair chance?

Comment

I don't know what your chances are.

How Do You Get Herpes Infections?
                Herpes can be spread through skin-to-skin contact or by contact between mucosal surfaces at any time the virus is in its active phase: Viral shedding deposits HSV on the skin or a mucous membrane. Contact with another individual's skin allows virus to spread and begin the job of situating itself in the nervous system of a new host. Herpes virus infection is most often transmitted "unwittingly". That is, from people who do not know they have it or if they know they have it from exposure at times when the virus is shed asymptomatically in saliva or genital secretions. Most of us acquire HSV-1 in childhood by kissing from close adult relatives. Genital herpes is usually acquired through sexual intercourse of some type.

How did I get herpes?

Herpes can be so subtle that even the active phases are sometimes hard to identify. As a result, herpes is often spread during periods when people simply don't recognize the virus has become active. In addition, a person can acquire herpes without recognizing the "first episode."

For these reasons, it's often difficult to trace the source of infection or know exactly when transmission occurred. It appears the efficiency of transmission is higher from contact to a lesion like a cold sore or genital lesion than from "asymptomatic shedding". Thus, sexual contact when one has lesions is discouraged.

How many people have genital herpes?

In the United States 50 � 70% of adults have oral herpes (HSV-1 infection). The highest risk of acquisition is early childhood and adolexcence. But infections are acquired throughout life. Approximately one-quarter of Americans over the age of 15 are infected with genital herpes -- an estimated 45 to 60 million people in the U.S. alone. About 1.5 million new infections of gential HSV-2 infections occur yearly. Herpes simplex virus infections are by far the most common sexually transmitted infection (STI).

http://www.herpesdiagnosis.com/infected.html
                Good luck.

Comment

Working...
                X