This topic is closed.
X
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• accural of vacation/sick time in North Carolina

I need some advices regarding the accural of vacation/sick time in North Carolina during a leave of absence. We have an employee that was out on maternity leave and wants to know if during her 6 week leave of absence, she was still accuring sick/vacation time. I this law and are we required to allow time to accrue during leaves of absence or is this an internal company call.

Accrual of sick/vacation time during leave

Originally posted by Bill_Rege
    I need some advices regarding the accural of vacation/sick time in North Carolina during a leave of absence. We have an employee that was out on maternity leave and wants to know if during her 6 week leave of absence, she was still accuring sick/vacation time. I this law and are we required to allow time to accrue during leaves of absence or is this an internal company call.
    The Fair Labor Standards Act (FLSA) does not require payment for time not worked, such as vacations and sick leave. Therefore, the payment and accrual of sick and vacation time is a matter of agreement between the employee and employer.

Comment

Working...
    X