Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

How can I get pregnancy disability benefits?

Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• How can I get pregnancy disability benefits?

I have been trying to find information on how I can request pregnancy disability benefits due to my high risk pregnancy. I am not well enough to continue working and would like to file a claim? can you direct me on how to do this.

You need to get that from your doctor. I would definitely go to your doctor immediately and they can write you off. I'm a mom too and it's sad to see how hesitant expectant mothers are at the workplace,

Comment

Have you taken a look at the employee handbook from your employer or talked to your company's human resources administrator? First, you need to find out what the leave benefit offered by your company is, and then, what specific procedure is required to request those benefits. For example, your company may require you to take all accumulated sick and vacation time before you can request family medical leave time. Your company may also have a short term disability policy, which may provide benefits while you are on leave related to pregnancy. To take family medical leave act time, you will be required to complete a formal request on a form the company provides (which will include a certification from your physican, as the earlier post suggested). To receive benefits from a short disability policy, you will have to formally apply under the policy, and the insurance company will have to determine if your condition qualifies under the policy. In either event, there should be some guidance from the handbook at work, or from your human resources administrator.

good luck!

Comment

Working...
      X