This topic is closed.
X
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• 7 mos job protection in California? California

I read on this board that you can get 7 months job protection in California. I have a question: I have been at my job for over a year full-time, and my employer has over 50 employees in our office. How do I know if I qualify for the total 7 months of job-protected leave? I haven't been able to figure this out from the websites nor from the 1 HR person in our office.

Also I have read anecdotally that I can qualify for 4 weeks of disability (SDI? PDL?) prior to the baby's birth, but I don't know if this is true or not. Also, I don't know if these 4 weeks count against the amount of time my job is protected.

Assuming I have a normal vaginal birth, what is the maximum time my job is protected?

Thank you!!

Betty3 posted:
    "In Ca. most female employees can take up to 4 mos. of leave for childbearing & pregnancy related disability (subject to med. certification that an actual disability exists) under the Fair Employment & Housing Act. The fed. FMLA & the state act are generally in alignment except in Ca. a woman can take a 4-mo. pregnancy disability leave followed by a 3-mo. fam. med. leave. This is the rare circumstance when leave under the FMLA & Ca. Fam. Rights Act don't run concurrently--FMLA leave will run concurrently with the 4-mos. of pregnancy disability leave, after which the Fam. Rights Act rights can be invoked for an add'l. 3-mo. leave.
    This is all job-protected leave. However, some women will not qualify for the total 7 mos."

I'm sorry, I didn't mean that you should repost. Once is enough. Sorry for the confusion.
    The above answer, whatever it is, assumes that no legally binding and enforceable contract or CBA says otherwise. If it does, then the terms of the contract or CBA apply.

Comment

Duplicate thread.
      Too often we underestimate the power of a touch, a smile, a kind word, a listening ear, an honest compliment, or the smallest act of caring, all of which have the potential to turn a life around. Leo Buscaglia

Live in peace with animals. Animals bring love to our hearts and warmth to our souls.

Comment

Working...
      X