Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

In COLORADO Time between shifts of 8 or more hours?

Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• In COLORADO Time between shifts of 8 or more hours?

I have always been under the understanding that If you have been scheudled for an 8 hour shift, 'The Scheudler' should then give at least 12 hours untill he has you back to work. I am tring to backup a felow worker whom has only 8 hours between shifts.

There is no general Colorado law requiring that. There MAY be something specific to the industry and type of job he does, however. What does he do?
    I don't respond to Private Messages unless the moderator specifically refers you to me for that purpose. Thank you.

Comment

missconception

this person is a Server/Waiteress. I am easily influenced, so it just my own misconception.

Comment

The only industries that have that kind of regulation, in any state, are ones where there is a public safety factor, such as airline pilot or truck driver. There's not going to be any regulation that food servers have x amount of time between shifts. He could legally be required to work back-to-back shifts if the scheduler wanted.
        The above answer, whatever it is, assumes that no legally binding and enforceable contract or CBA says otherwise. If it does, then the terms of the contract or CBA apply.

Comment

I work and manage HR programs in Colorado and as pattyMD stated there is no Colorado law that requires that.
          Somedays you're the windshield and somedays you're the bug.

Comment

Working...
          X