This topic is closed.
X
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• This seems odd

I recently recieved a response for a position, and one of the requirements was that I live within 30 minutes of the location. This is apparently an on - call requirement. It just doesn't seem right that they are limiting my option due to the fact that I actually live only 30-40 min. maximum from the job. I have the nessary skills for this position that they require. Any suggestions?

Nope. If that's the requirement and you don't meet it, it doesn't make any difference if you otherwise qualify.
    I don't respond to Private Messages unless the moderator specifically refers you to me for that purpose. Thank you.

Comment

It is not uncommon at all for certain position, particularly jobs with the city or state agencies, to have a requirement that all employees live within x distance. It's entirely legal, and they're not obligated to make an exception if you otherwise qualify - plenty of other people also otherwise qualify.
      The above answer, whatever it is, assumes that no legally binding and enforceable contract or CBA says otherwise. If it does, then the terms of the contract or CBA apply.

Comment

Working...
      X