denied FMLA request Louisiana

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• denied FMLA request Louisiana

Had a Stroke at work March 10, 2016, 3 weeks inpatient therapy, requested FML, denied, followed all time lines and procedures. Met with employer after released from hospital to return to work, April 4, 2016. Employment was terminated. Contacted DOL, Wage & Hour Division completed investigation determining I was wrongfully denied per FMLA. Employers attorney offered to settle, I declined. I now have limited time to FILE a lawsuit. My attorney has advised me he is not familiar enough to take my case. My plan is to file the suit then find an attorney. Thoughts?

Find an attorney, then file the suit. This is not a DIY matter.

Comment

Can your attorney recommend another attorney for you?

I agree that you need to find an attorney. You don't want to make a mistake at the beginning that comes back to haunt you.

Comment

You need a labor law attorney. A randomly selected attorney is likely a contract attorney.
        "Reality is that which, when you stop believing in it, doesn't go away".
        Philip K. **** (1928-1982)

Comment

time concern

My concern is? can an attorney file before the time limit. I'm waiting on attorneys to return my calls

Comment

Originally posted by Cool Papa Brad View Post
            My concern is? can an attorney file before the time limit. I'm waiting on attorneys to return my calls
            That depends on how long it has been since you received the notice from the EEOC. If attorneys aren't calling you back, you should expand your search.

Comment

finally got in touch with an attorney i wanted, things are looking up

Comment

Working...
              X