Forecasted Time vs Pay Missouri Missouri

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Forecasted Time vs Pay Missouri Missouri

I am an exempt employee who gets paid for the time that I work (only for the specific project I am on).
    I get paid bi-monthly. For invoicing purposes the request has been placed to input my estimated hours prior to the end of the pay period.
    The project I am currently working on is 10 hour shifts.
    My question is, the HR person just sent out an e-mail stating that we should only input hours for a "regular" work day and if overtime is actually worked (of which I just get straight time), adjustments will be made the following pay period.
    Is this legal?

If your job is truly exempt, then yes, it's perfectly legal. In fact, it's better than legal.

Comment

Originally posted by eerelations View Post
      If your job is truly exempt, then yes, it's perfectly legal. In fact, it's better than legal.
      Follow up question- what if while they say I'm exempt in title I do not get paid salary but only hourly for the hours I work up to 40. (This project is an exception)

Comment

Do you make at least $455 per week regardless of # of hours worked (unless you do no work in a workweek at all)? Or are you a computer professional that makes at least $27.63 per hour?

What are your job duties?

Comment

Originally posted by hr for me View Post
          Do you make at least $455 per week regardless of # of hours worked (unless you do no work in a workweek at all)? Or are you a computer professional that makes at least $27.63 per hour?

What are your job duties?
          I am a Licensed PE working for a Construction Management (CM) Firm. I am currently working on a project performing field inspection/construction oversight. I am not responsible for any other employees. My responsibilities involve observe construction activities and insure they are in compliance with the project documents.

Comment

Then the question remains, do you make at least $455 a week in salary? Even flexible hour exempts must make at least that each week to be considered exempt. There is no way for the employer to prorate it based on fewer exempt hours .
            If so, then the employer is doing nothing illegal and is actually doing more than legally required by paying anything for the extra hours each week over 40.

Comment

Working...
            X