This topic is closed.
X
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Missed PTO hours on check - California

Hi! I accidentally forgot to add my PTO hours on my timesheet for a day I missed so I wasn't paid for that day. On payday, I asked that they cut me a manual check but my boss said that I'll have to wait until next check day because I didn't submit the hours on time. Is this legal in CA? I thought that PTO hours are considered "worked wages"? I looked through the DOL website but all I can find is that PTO has to be paid at time of termination and that "missed hours worked" must be paid immediately but this is different. Kind of a mixture of both!

There is no requirement that they correct your mistake immediately. It is legally not even close to paying wages due at termination.
    I post with the full knowledge and support of my employer, though the opinions rendered are my own and not necessarily representative of their position. In other words, I'm a free agent.

Comment

oh boo! Not what I was hoping to hear but thanks for the quick reply!

Comment

not your exact question, but I know many payrolls that will correct a mistake like this if it is their mistake and write a manual check, but will not do a manual check because of an employee's mistake (failure to clock in/out, etc). Manual checks cost money and processing time. Hopefully it will make it on your next regular check. Make sure you ask them the process to see if you have to submit it differently than normal since it is outside the pay period.

Comment

Working...
        X