X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• tgrovesct
    started a topic Maximum hours/time between shifts Connecticut

Maximum hours/time between shifts Connecticut

Apologies if this has been posted and reposted, but I can't find specific answers.
    I am curious if there are a specific maximum number of hours a nurse can work per day in CT. After all, it is a job that directly affects lives.
    And in the same vein, how many hours must be between shifts? I'm not finding anything that says there IS a regulation which is absurd.
    How safe would YOU feel knowing your direct caregiver worked 18 hours yesterday - and then slept 3 hours before caring for you?

• Betty3
    replied
    Margo, Please do not reply to old threads. Thanks.

Leave a comment:

• Margo
    replied
    Originally posted by tgrovesct View Post
    Apologies if this has been posted and reposted, but I can't find specific answers.
    I am curious if there are a specific maximum number of hours a nurse can work per day in CT. After all, it is a job that directly affects lives.
    And in the same vein, how many hours must be between shifts? I'm not finding anything that says there IS a regulation which is absurd.
    How safe would YOU feel knowing your direct caregiver worked 18 hours yesterday - and then slept 3 hours before caring for you?
    It all depends on the company and type of work preformed. most common practice is 8 hrs between shifts.

Leave a comment:

• Betty3
    replied
    I can give you this info: Ct.

Hospitals may not require nurses or nurse's aides to work in excess of a scheduled shift that is determined at least 48 hrs. before the shift begins. Employees may agree to work additional hrs. but their refusal to do so cannot provide the basis for penalty or adverse employment decision. Exceptions are made for emergencies, completion of surgery, critical care until relieved, & employees covered by bargaining agreements that address mandatory overtime; makes reference to see Public Act 04-242, eff. 10-1-05.

Leave a comment:

Working...
X